Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:22:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Sander <jim@federation.addy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: allow access of root user

> there are some Java applet ssh clients out there now.

   Have been for a long while. (1+ years at least) Here's one that I
bookmarked a while ago, although there are several others I've seen that
gave mixed results...

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~fapp2/software/java-ssh/

   Personally, I distrust JAVA-based clients since you really have no way
of knowing that they're not retransmitting your host/user/pass to an
unscrupulous listener. But of course there's no stopping SecureCRT from
doing the same thing except their good reputation.

-=Jim=-