Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 2003 13:20:52 +0200
From:      Maria Dolores Moral <yoyes@dif.um.es>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setsockopt: Invalid argument

Hello. I am working in a kernel implementation.=20
I try to pass argument from the user to the kernel.=20

I use a socket and the option:
setsockopt(socket,IPPROTO_ICMPV6,ICMP6_REPORTAUTH,&ua,sizeof(ua))
in my program Server.c.

I have defined ICMP6_REPORTAUTH in in6.h, and I have rebuil the kernel.=20
#> make && make install
But when I compile Serv:
gcc -DICMP6_REPORTAUTH Server.c -o Serv
I obtain Serv: setsockopt(ICMP6_REPORTAUTH): Invalid argument

I have read in a articule that it must set in the kernel the option ...,
IPPROTO_ICMPV6 in this case, but I do not how.

If you know how or a better solution, please help me.
Thanks a lot.
Best Regards