Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 00:53:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Carl Jacobsen <carl@ucsd.edu>
To:        <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Carl Jacobsen <carl@ucsd.edu>
Subject:   correction to "FreeBSD on Laptops"?

I'm in the midst of installing FreeBSD-4.4 on my laptop, and I'm finding
the article "FreeBSD on Laptops" on the FreeBSD.org site very helpful
(thanks!); I note that on the page:

     http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/laptop/x19.html

the second to last paragraph reads, in part:

     If it is not running already, start the pccardd daemon. (To enable
     it at boot time, add

	 pccardd_enable="YES"

     to /etc/rc.conf). Now your cards should be detected when you ...

The variable that needs to be added to /etc/rc.conf is apparently not
"pccardd_enable" but rather "pccard_enable" (one 'd') -- at least, this
is what /etc/pccard.conf is looking for as a trigger.  Thought you'd
want to know...

Thanks again,
-- Carl Jacobsen (carl@ucsd.edu)