Date:      Wed, 01 Apr 1998 08:48:50 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@nebula.tbe.com>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stuck console

Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group writes:

> I don't think that this is a serious problem.  I just remember to keep
> my grubby little fingers off the keyboard when logging out or when the
> X server is starting up.  Besides, if you're using a FreeBSD system as
> an X terminal and the console tty's hang, I'd consider that a security
> feature.  This way your customers have to use the XDM login.

Guess I should spend some time getting xdm set up to my liking as I've
been taking the lazy way out with startx.

To the best of my knowledge, I didn't fumble-finger anything while startx
was starting up. But thanks for the hint, I'll try it sometime when I feel
like rebooting.  :-)

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@nebula.tbe.com