Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 00:44:27 -0700
From:      "Joseph T. Lee" <nugundam@best.com>
To:        Joe <ibjoe@home.com>, Eric Lee Green <elgreen@iname.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD, Proxy Server, Cable Modem

On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 11:12:06AM -0700, Joe wrote:
> Eric,
> You weren't talking to me, were you? My private network is isolated from the
> cable network. Actually, for extra $ @home will assign you extra IP
> addresses, then you don't even need a gateway machine, just plug them all
> into a hub along with the modem.. And @home does not condone the use of a
> gateway to connect multiple PCs..

They do condone it.  They don't support running a server for "commercial"
uses, but they do allow a lan, but won't support it.  They have advice on
how to setup a lan at home which suggest using their multiple/ip or some
IP sharing setup, from their support page.

--
Joseph nugundam =best=com==/==\=IIGS=/==\=Playstation=/==\=Civic HX CVT=/==\
#            Anime Expo 1999            >> www.anime-expo.org/              >