Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 1997 13:34:32 +0000
From:      Nicolas Souchu <Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppbus problem

On Wed, Oct 01, 1997 at 10:39:45AM -0400, Greg Pavelcak wrote:

>> > Can you be more specific about "no results"?  Error messages?  System
>> > lockup?
>>
>> No error messages, it just sits doing nothing, i.e. no indication (sound or
>> lights of disk activity in the zip. I bring my prompt back with ^C.

Then, you do not have the message "device not configured" from sd0 driver?

>To follow up, I have one zip, but I had vpo.c in both
>/sys/conf/files and /sys/i386/conf/files.i386 and their related
>directories (DOn't ask me how.).
>Now I only have vpo.c in /sys/i386/conf/files.i386, and
>there's some improvement. Now I only get the probe results for the
>96MB Zip. fdisk still hangs though. Should I be using some of those
>flags in my kernel? I don't quite understand those.

Ok, is there a way for you to get the name of your parallel port chipset?
Which release of ppbus-dist did you get? September's?

You may try to set boot flags to 0x1 to get NIBBLE operating mode.

--
Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations - http://www.FreeBSD.org