Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 1999 06:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Matt Crawford" <crawdad@fnal.gov>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/11979: Vaio 505DX touchpad not detected as GlidePoint

The following reply was made to PR i386/11979; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Matt Crawford" <crawdad@fnal.gov>
To: Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 08:49:44 -0500

 > The built-in pad on Sony VAIO is not detected as GlidePoint, because
 > it is NOT one of GlidePoint models from ALPS.
 >
 > VAIO's pad is, AFAIK, VersaPad from Advanced Technolgy.  Its
 > identification procedure and its native protocol is totally different
 > from GlidePoint's.
 >
 > The work is in progress to add VersaPad support to the psm driver.
 >
 > Kazu

 Are you sure this information is correct for the model Z505DX?
 Because the pre-installed Windows98 has the following to say about
 the touchpad.  I could imagine that Win98 mis-identifies the device,
 but note that the last two drivers listed come from Alps!

     Alps GlidePoint
     Mouse
     Registry Key:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\enum\BIOS\*PNP0F13\14
     Alloc resources:       Logical Configuration 0
     IRQ:                   12 Mask: x0000
     Forced resources:      None
     Boot resources:        Logical Configuration 0
     IRQ:                   12 Mask: x0000
     Filtered resources:    Logical Configuration 0
     IRQ:                   0 Mask: x1000
     Basic resources:       Logical Configuration 0
     IRQ:                   0 Mask: x1000
     Driver:                Mouse\0000
     Driver Date:            2-14-1999
     Driver:                msmouse.vxd