Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2001 06:49:02 +0900
From:      Hiroo ONO (=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCPi5MbjQyQDgbKEI=?=) <hiroo@oikumene.gcd.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pao 3.5.1 wicontol

I searched in the bsd-nomads mailing list archive and found the
following:

If you want WEP support for wicontrol in PAO3,
patches in
  <URI:http://www.ht.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~gon/wvlan/>;
may help you.

<URI:http://www.ht.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~gon/wvlan/wi-releng3-sys-20000711.diff>;
<URI:http://www.ht.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~gon/wvlan/wicontrol-20000711.tar.gz>;
may be enough.

Subject: [bsd-nomads:14195] Re: FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE to Panasonic CF-S22
From: Yoichi Ogawa <yo1@lares.dti.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 11:41:46 +0900

says that with the paches above, he can use WLI-PCM-L11 with WEP support
on 3.5-RELEASE + PAO3-20000710

> >> i went to use wi encryption and found that
> >>   o pao 20001021 has no wicontrol
> >>   o the older wicontrol i have has no -k etc
> > The encryption code wasn't brought in until 4.*.
> > The changes are easy enough to backport and at least one person has done
> > so.

>   o what are folk new to pao supposed to do given
>
>     /usr/src# tar ztvf PAO3-20001021.tar.gz | grep wicontrol
>     /usr/src#

wicontrol came with 3-STABLE (at least at the time of 3.4-RELEASE it
was there). It did not have WEP support though.

I'm sorry if I misunderstand your question.
I cannot be sure as I never used the device myself, and my English
literacy is so poor...