Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 12:48:11 -0500
From:      "Erik Rothwell" <erothwell@callgtn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   AUDIO PROBLEM: Only 1 user can hear sound.

Hi folks,

I got my audio working, fine, I thought. Until I added more users to the system.

I have the K7T Pro motherboard from MSI which features that neat VIA chipset with the onboard audio. . . so, I compiled device pcm into my kernel and, although it didn't work at first, it seemed to correct itself (I did nothing but it started working) and off I was happy as a bird, yadda yadda.

But then, when I added user accounts for my roommates, I came to the horrible discovery that *sound does not work for them.*

It's not a multiple users at one time issue, it's just, a single-user at a time, still, no sound.

I'm running GNOME 1.2 with Enlightenment 0.16.5 on FreeBSD 4.2/i386. I'm not really sure if it is a FreeBSD issue or a GNOME/E issue, but I have a feeling it's FreeBSD. . .

it's all no good. Anyone know how to correct this?

-------
E. L. Rothwell
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx