Date:      Mon, 4 Jul 2005 19:18:45 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        Stefan Walter <sw@gegenunendlich.de>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usb/82660: EHCI: I/O stuck in state 'physrd'/panic

On Sunday 03 July 2005 09:56, Stefan Walter wrote:
> Hans Petter Selasky, 02.07.05, 15:53h CEST:
>
> ...maybe I pulled the stick out too quickly until now. I just noticed
> that, when I'm patient enough, the transfer is eventually resumed (after
> about two minutes). Some data is transferred (size varying), then it
> stalls again. I didn't notice that before. I've uploaded a message log of
> a complete transfer of a 17 MB file (that is, the file was successfully
> copied to the hard disk with mtools) now (with hw.usb.umass.debug=-1):
>
> http://www.gegenunendlich.de/stuff/ehci/umass-messages-complete-transfer.bz2

To me it seems that there is something wrong with your flash disk. Though it
can be that the "CBW" structure is not initialized correctly, but I am not
the right person to tell about that. At least your flash disk takes the "CBW"
command, but times out on the following BULK-in transfer.

I'm not sure if it helps, but the compiler might be messing with the hardware
structures:

In /sys/dev/usb/umass.c

change all:

typedef xxxx {

} xxxx;

into:

typedef xxxx {

} __packed xxxx;

What options are you compiling the kernel with? Have you got INVARIANTS
enabled?

--HPS