Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 19:46:07 +0500
From:      Saqib  Nyaz Khan <Skhan@khi.ncr.com.pk>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SCO PPP

I have two questions,

1) I have a FreeBSD machine with dial-in PPP configured. I want to
connect a SCO openserver 5 machine to the FreeBSD machine via PPP.

I configure the PPP on SCO, however since the PPP uses UUCP, i had to
configure UUCP too. The UUCP connect to the FreeBSD machine, ( if is cu
i get the login prompt). However when i say "pppattach hblmail"  I can t
seem to get the problems related to LCP negotiation.

2) I have FreeBSd machine connect to the net, I cannot attach to the
telnet port or ftp or finger for that matter, i can however attach to
the SMTP/POP3 port. Any ideas why i may be having this problem. I dotn
have Ipfw configured on these machines.