Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 18:58:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Junon of Tristan <black_mask_of_death@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: login sessions

To limit the login session from telnet, you need to
edit /usr/src/usr.bin/login/login.c.
Find the #define DEFAULT_RETRIES, and change it to
number you want (default is 10, which means you can
try to login 10 times before the connection being
closed.) I change it to 3, so after 3 failed attempts
login will close the connection.
After that, I did make & make install

I hope this helps.

--- Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>