Date:      21 Mar 2001 18:01:10 EST
From:      "Mark Sergeant" <mark.sergeant@snsonline.net>
To:        lazy <lazy@aregreat.net>, Daniel Mester <DanielM@EverAd.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Charlie root?

In fact I would like to go one further on this, why use root at all ? Install
something simple such as sudo. In regards to charlie root the only time you
should see mail from him is from cron jobs. Either use chfn or vipw to change
this. Don't forget to setup a mail alias for root as well pointing to your own
account. ie. edit /etc/mail/aliases and add an entry of root:
yourloginaccount and then once saved & exited type newaliases this way you will
receive all of roots mail.

Cheers,

Mark

p.s. excuse the rambling & spelling I just woke up, haven't had coffee yet

--
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President.  Now
I'm beginning to believe it.