Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 20:02:32 -0300 (EST)
From:      Luiz Souza Silva <isilva@iis.com.br>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3C590...

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Doug White wrote:

> > 	I have a problem with my 3Com 3C590 Etherlink III with connected with a
> > 100Mb network. It's reporting lot's of aligment errors but I've checked the
> > cable and tryed another 3Com 3C590 card without success.

> Check your cabling.  Poor cabling will introduce lots of errors at
> 100mbit.

	I did lot's of tests with different cables and I got no success.
:(

> Is the 590 really a 100mbit card?

	Nope, I wrote the wrong number, the correct ethercard is 3Com
3c905, 3Com calls it "Vortex Series"...

	I read somewhere in the FAQ that the driver for 3c905 is
still buggy, but is there a newer version of that? I'm using FreeBSD
version 2.2.2 stable.

Ps: Wow! You guys reply really fast!