Date:      Sun, 20 May 2001 09:48:30 -0500
From:      markemmanuel <lists@markemmanuel.org>
To:        FreeBSD advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [dn-core] Re: Perens' "Free Software Leaders Stand Together"

There has been a history of people supporting the GPL style of licensing
publicly attacking BSD supporters and the license.  It makes no sense to
argue which is better or which isn't.  It's such an individualistic choice
by a company or a person. One isn't better than the other.  I mean geez...
BSD uses a boatload of GPL'd tools.

Personally, I like the BSD license because it doesn't force me to do
anything.  If I ever decided to code for anything GPL'd, it kinda makes me
feel like I'm doing time for using the software.  Then again, it is
ultimately your decision to contribute or not.  If you don't like BSD, don't
use it.  If you don't like GPL'd don't use it.

Honestly, the people that tend to argue the BSD vs. GPL case on either side
often are doo doo heads with nothing better to do.  To understand what I
mean just check out any thread on slashdot, linuxtoday or even on these
mailing lists.

Okay, I'm done ranting now.  Have a nice day! :)

markemmanuel

Quoted from the Book of Greg Lehey Ch 6:7-13 on 5/18/01 6:58 PM: