Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:16:35 -0500
From:      Rajarajan Rajamani <rajarajan@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help: fetchyahoo crash in perl on upgrading to 6.1-PRERELEASE #0

On 10:04 Thu 23 Mar     , Greg Barniskis wrote:
> Rajarajan Rajamani wrote:
> >I am having a crash when trying to use fetchyahoo.
> >Prior to upgrading my box from 5.4 to 6.1 there was no problem.
> >After upgrading to 6.1 (and cvsup'ing all the ports)
> >I did a portupgrade -fa to recompile all of them.
> >Now I am having the following problem
> [snip]
> >

> >I have recompiled perl and all the ports that fetchyahoo uses but to no
> >avail.
>

> [snip]
>
> re: perl, did you perform the required perl-after-upgrade tasks (see
> /usr/ports/UPDATING)? Perl going funky after a major upgrade is
> often due to overlooking this.
>
> [snip]
> Greg Barniskis, Computer Systems Integrator

Yes - I forgot to mention it, but I did this too and perl-after-upgrade
reported 0 packages moved since I had 5.8.8 before upgrading
my OS from 5.4 to 6.1. None of the ports were upgraded since they were
already up to date - that is why I thought portupgrade -fa would just
cause them to use the new so files of 6.1 without causing any trouble.

Other than this one - all my other perl scripts/tools are working ok.

Rajarajan