Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 22:08:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Johnson <tam@hiddenrock.com>
To:        Duy Luong <luon0006@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

Try "./a.out".  The problem is that the current directory (denoted in the
file structure by ".") is not in your path, which means that you have to
specifically denote the current directory using "./" before a.out.  You
can add "." to your path by changing your shell rc file to include the
line PATH=$PATH:.

Enjoy.

Pete