Date:      Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:53:20 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        "Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=" <des@des.no>
Cc:        standards@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Subject:   Re: very big files on cd9660 file system

> ISO9660 does not use 64-bit values.  Those 8-byte values you see in
> the headers are 32-bit values stored first in little-endian format and
> second in big-endian format.

So, in my original question, the blame lies solely with

	3) ISO-9660 standard

? No single file on a ISO9660 filesystem may exceed 4Gb?

Is there some newer, superceeding backwards-compatible standard -- all the new
DVD devices are now offering the media to store large files? Or is fat32 the
only cross-platform option today?

	-mi