Date:      Sun, 18 Oct 1998 00:27:09 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <toj@gorilla.net>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic

*Bingo* no ahh shit! That fixed me here.

I'm began running gpl_math_emulate so that the rc5des client would run on
the Thinkpad. For your amusement, here's what I get if I change back to the
straight math_emulate:

-normal probes and swapon-
/dev/wd0s1a: clean, 10064 [pid 10 (fsck),uid 0: exited on signal 10]
Bus error
Unknown error in reboot
Enter root password...

This one's really a gem. Don't even go into ddb. Let me know if you want to
tackle that one.

Thanks for the help on the other. Imagine Chuck's problem isn't this.

On Sun, Oct 18, 1998 at 12:28:28PM +0800, Peter Wemm wrote:
> Tom Jackson wrote:
> [..]
> > options		GPL_MATH_EMULATE	#Support for x87 GPL emulation
> > #options		MATH_EMULATE		# x87 emulation
>

> Ahh shit!
> sys/gnu/i386/fpuemul/fpu_entry.c:
>
> moduledata_t gnufpumod = {
>         "gnufpu",
>         gnufpu_modevent,
>         0
> };
> DECLARE_MODULE(gnufpu, gnufpu_modevent, SI_SUB_PSEUDO, SI_ORDER_ANY);
>
> The declaration should be:
> DECLARE_MODULE(gnufpu, gnufpumod, SI_SUB_PSEUDO, SI_ORDER_ANY);
>
> This would explain a few things...  The function address is being passed in
> instead of the parameter block.
>
> If you need it, try using plain MATH_EMULATE, or try the fix above.
>
> Cheers,
> -Peter

Tom