Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 19:10:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@redirect.to>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src Makefile.inc1

Bruce Evans wrote:
> On 21 May 2001, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
[snip]
> I don't need it myself (I only ran it to see if it supported Linux
> extended partitions (it didn't, at least in it's list of known partition
> types)).  This is for the old Linux fdisk with a dumb terminal interface
> which hadn't changed much (in 1997) since it was first implemented in
> 1991 or 1992.  It doesn't have a good interface, but I rather like it
> since most of it was apparently copied from the one I implemented in
> Minix fdisk in 1988 or 1989 :-).  Others might prefer a more graphical
> interface.  Which version did you port?

the ones from util-linux-2.10s.tar.gz (or .src.rpm?)
cfdisk and fdisk seems to work good. for instance, sfdisk make a core!

I did need it in the past, but in fact, I've done what I want w/
the bsd one. it was when I upgrade MaxBlast which is a software
BIOS to see large drives. it changed the IDs of all (DOS?) primary
and partitions to 0x55 and FreeBSD didn't like it at all. the
problem is that ID didn't make a difference between primary (0xC)
and extended (0xF) partitions...

CC shortened.

Cyrille.
--