Date:      Mon, 04 Feb 2013 09:39:20 -0500
From:      "Mike." <the.lists@mgm51.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zoneedit.com

On 2/3/2013 at 3:04 PM Fbsd8 wrote:
| [snip]
|
|After reviewing zoneedit new website looks like they are no longer
free
|and there now in the domain register business....
 =============

Zoneedit was purchased by Dotster a while ago (few months?  couple of
years?)

If you look at an legacy zoneedit page, you'll see at the bottom:
  (http://legacy.zoneedit.com/contact.html)

    Zone Edit, LLC is a Dotster, Inc.-owned company.

I have noticed zoneedit's quality of service declining since the
purchase.  I switched to tunnelbroker.net's FreeDNS serivce and haven't
looked back.

The registration company I used, 000domains.com, was also purchased by
Dotster, and I had to leave 000doamins.com due to customer service
issues after the purchase.  I went to namecheap.com, and have been very
satisfied.

YMMV.