Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 1997 23:43:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>
To:        "Robert Z. McFarland" <webmaster@wj.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, curtis <mithra@bga.com>
Subject:   Re: FTP Install Problem

On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Robert Z. McFarland wrote:

>    I have a NE2000 ethernet board and it seems to be recognized
>    OK by the boot diskette during initial config/setup but the
>    ethernet card (ed0) times out when I submit the ftp connect menu.
>
> I'm not sure of the IRQ and address on my ethernet board since it
> is jumperless, and that makes me wonder if FreeBSD is really
> in sync with the hardware.

Well, i had somewhat similar problems. Do you know the manufacturer of
your card? If so, go to their website and look for software to check the
settings, hopefully that will fix it.

Jonathan Fosburgh, wotan@scientist.com , University of Houston Geophysics
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/1498

FreeBSD: Turning PCs into Workstations
http://www.freebsd.org
                     We shall not cease from exploration,
                And the end of our exploring shall be to arrive
            Where we started from, and know the place for the first time.
                       --T.S. Eliot, The Four Quartets