Date:      Tue, 05 Mar 1996 15:32:55 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: Fixit floppy (Was: Please Read This)

> FLOPPY!  The gzip execution code is currently *WAY* broken, you
> usually end up with a machine silently resetting. :-((

Bleh!  I guess we need to fix that!

> The fixit floppy is still in need of some items, for example the
> protocols file, and a reasonable subset of /etc/services.

I'm happy to see commits to /usr/src/release/Makefile.. :-) Everything
on the fixit floppy was really just what I thought to throw on there
at the last minute, and I've put almost no time at all into trying to
improve it.  Given that I've never even used the fixit floppy myself
(well, I've tested it but that's it), I'm really not the best person
to decide how to make it the best possible resource.

						Jordan