Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2000 14:15:45 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SCO emulation...

In the last episode (Feb 07), Person, Roderick said:
> I want to run SCO binaries, where can a find good documentation on
> this or cna anyone send me a how to or things I need. I'm running
> 4.0.

What kind of SCO binaries?  If they're 3.2v4.2 (i.e. IBCS2 coff),
support is very good.  Just edit /etc/rc.conf and add an
ibcs2_enable="YES" line.  Add any libraries or support binaries into
/compat/ibcs2/* .

If you're talking OSR5 (i.e. svr4 elf), support is not good at all..
The current svr4 code was written with Solaris x86 in mind, and a lot
of syscalls have to be rewritten to make SCO bins work right.  I'm
about 50% done (working in my free time), and have changed lseek(),
xenix(), getgroups(), sysarch(), and the *stat() syscalls so far.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com