Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:09:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      Webmail System Manager <admin@webmail.unionavenue.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trying to build imap-uw to allow plaintext passwords

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Tuc wrote:

> 	Been there, done that, been seriously frustrated, built from source.
> EVERY time I compile, no matter what I do, it comes up with "LOGINDISABLED"
> instead of AUTH=LOGIN

	Serious frustration I understand... we're just now migrating
from Linux to FreeBSD and, well, I've been bit a few times myself :-) This
may not be it but sometimes, particularly when having fought something
like this for a bit of time, we miss the simple things. Is imap enabled in
your inetd.conf file"

	imap4 stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/libexec/imapd imapd
	imaps stream ...

	And, of course, without meaning or implying any insult at all,
did you restart inetd?

	Best Regards,

	Brent

	Brent Sims, Customer Satisfaction Manager
	WebOkay Internet Services, LLC
	http://www.webokay.net/
	Phone (719) 595-1427