Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 2000 20:28:29 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        robert@braingarage.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: older Panasonic SCSI? CD-Rom

In message <200004060116.SAA09576@smartie.braingarage.com> robert bowen writes:
: I just got given an older Panasonic cd-rom drive. It has
: a controller card that is marked panasonic. The plug on
: the cd-rom drive is marked "SCSI", but the cis tuple
: says that the card is a "parallel port". How can I tell
: what driver to use with it? I tried to get it to work
: with the same settings as an Adaptek but no luck. I
: wonder if this is some kind of proprietary interface
: that needs a windows-only driver?

There are two or three PAO2 drivers being ported to CAM in nomads that
this card might work with.  However, I've not kept close track of the
patches.

Warner