Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:24:48 -0500
From:      Ronnie Clark <RClark@swst.com>
To:        "'Freebsd-Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CMI8330 Sound

Hello all:

  I have lost countless hours of sleep on this one. I have a motherboard
that has a CMI8330 pnp-isa sound card. When I recompile my kernel to work
with this, the "device pcm" works great and recognizes the hardware. The
first "device sbc0 at isa? ..." works fine as well. But, my dmesg output
still shows some more CMI8330 devices that are not configured. So, my
questions is this:   Do I need to keep adding in "device sbcX" lines so that
the rest of the sound modules are recognized? Thanks in advance...

RC