Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:12:25 +0800
From:      "Michael Lee" <kclee@tiny.ws>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   use Software RAID on boot

Hello,

I've read the howto of setting up a software RAID using FreeBSD's vinum.
It seems that I can only install the system first on a small disk ( the boot
disk ) before we can try to set /etc/vinum.conf for Software RAID support.
I wonder if I can just strip up 2 or more disks before I perform the actual
BSD installation.
In this case, not even the newly mount ( created by vinum ) file systems are
of RAID support, but also the / file system can benefit from RAID.

Actually, I am planning on using RAID-0 for my test box.

Is the boot image capable of doing so ? Or if you have any suggestion ?

Thank you!

Michael Lee