Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 07:56:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Eric I. Arnoth" <earnoth@UDel.Edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Toshiba Satellite 4010CDS PCCard modem

I'm attempting to work my way through the configuration of FreeBSD ppp for
my modem.  I've done this on other machines, laptops and desktops alike,
but am having difficulty with this one.  This is the first PCCard modem
I've tried to configure.  I got pccardd to recognize the card, it uses
config  0x21 "sio1" 11, and reports

Jul 18 19:02:50 london /kernel: sio1: type 16550A

on bootup.  However, when I attempt to dial, I get a "chat script error".
I suspect this may be because I have the wrong initialization string, or
the wrong /dev/cuaa.  Could someone else with a Toshiba Satellite and the
PCCard they distribute with that laptop please help me out?  Below is what
I've got right now, minus personal info:

default:
 set device /dev/cuaa1
 set speed 115200
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATE1Q0 OK-AT-OK
\\dATDT\\TTIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
provider:
 set phone "123456789"
 set timeout 300
 set ifaddr 128.0.0.1/0 128.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
 add default HISADDR
 set authname me
 set authkey mypass