Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 2004 02:46:13 +0100
From:      Yann Berthier <yb@sainte-barbe.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   suspend status

   Hi gang,

   My IBM T41 suspend / resume well (-CURRENT from the 12/3): screen
   goes black, every activity seems stopped, resume like a champ (i'm
   not sure that champs resume either)

   but battery goes down as if it where not suspended:

   Remaining battery life: 99%
   Remaining battery time:  3:18:00
   [yb@taz 19:00]% sudo zzz

   After resuming:

   Remaining battery life: 80%
   Remaining battery time:  2:00:00
   [yb@taz 20:29]%

   I know the remaining battery time is not an accurate measure, but all
   in one I stay suspended 1h30, and my battery 'lost' 1h20 of power -
   so it says

   That's been *months* i did not try to suspend, so i don't know if
   this is a regression du to recent commits or not

   I should let the AC unplugged to see if the displayed battery time
   has anything to do with reality i suppose

   Other strangeness: the keyboard is 'slowed down' after a resume. I
   now this is a very unscientific remark, but no doubt about that, this
   is especially irritating while scrolling through my mails.

   Any thoughts about that ?

   regards,

      - yann