Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 15:54:01 -0400
From:      Munish Chopra <mchopra@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: It's not fun anymore. (Mike resigns from core)

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 07:34:41AM +1200, Joerg Micheel wrote:
> On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 06:29:10PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> >
> > Nope, you don't speak for me.  I'm thrilled that Mike's leaving the core
> > team.  His heart's obviously not in it any more, so the fact that he has
> > all the right skills for being useful on core doesn't mean anything any
> > more.
>
> It sounds like it is people like you who have been giving Mike a hard
> time. It also appears that you haven't learned a iota from this whole
> incident. Honestly, I would have rather you had kept your mouth shut
> and listened, this is not the time to spread your evil ink, but sit down
> and ponder about what went wrong here.

Umm. I may have been dreaming that I was catching subtleties in
Sheldon's post, but I think what he is trying to get across (with a bit
of humour) is that he believes it's the right thing for Mike to do since
he doesn't have his heart in it anymore (plus a little bit of a kick in
the ass to those people who don't recognize the value of Mike's skills).

--
Munish Chopra     The FreeBSD NVIDIA Driver Initiative
                  http://nvidia.netexplorer.org