Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:33:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   'top' showing parent UID, not process UID

	I'm working on some systems that do nothing but process CGI
scripts for our users. The scripts run in a third party engine for this
proprietary language. When watching the 'top' output I see the USERNAME
listed as the user of the parent process (namely, the owner of the httpd
process that spawns the CGI engine).

	I would really like 'top' to show the UID of the CGI engine, which
'ps -aux' is able to display. In case it matters, this is a -current
system as of 7/16, but I don't think it's a -current issue.

Any help appreciated,

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter