Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 18:39:44 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Mark Pearce <mark@netchat.co.za>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How do I delete files used in a jail

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 06:01:43PM +0200, Mark Pearce wrote:

> I am trying to delete some directories that I was using within a
> jail a while back.  I try deleting and this is the errors I get:
>
> Any ideas why ?

Perhaps the files have had the immutable flag set.  Try:

  ls -loR jail

to see what flags are set.

  chflags -R 0 jail

should recursively remove all flag settings --- if you're running with
securelevel >0, then you'll have to reboot to single user mode to get
that to work.  You chould then be able to rm -rf.

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK