Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:58:32 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing JBuilder 5 with native JDK1.3.1

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 11:10:01PM -0500, Mikhail Kruk wrote:
> Why do you think it should try ./lib/temp? Do you specify the install path
> anywhere in the installer? Try giving it a full path, not relative. It
> might do something weird with '.'
> Well, all I can say for sure is that I'm running otehr InstallAnywhere
> installers on native 1.3.1 w/o any problems.

*I* personally don't care whether it tries /lib/temp or not. I'm just
saying that the install bombs out; and the error that causes it to bomb
out is the installation program's attempt to create /lib/temp. This is
failing 'cos I'm installing this as a non-root user, and I *really* don't
want to install this as root, especially if it's going to litter up my
system with wierd files lying every which where.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>