Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 13:17:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      patl@Phoenix.Volant.ORG
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Justin Stanford <jus@security.za.net>, Leon Breedt <ljb@devco.net>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exim lookup support - was: Secure Servers (SMTP, POP3, FTP)

I was catching up on my mailing lists; and didn't see a response
to this question

On 13-Feb-01 at 11:06, Wes Peters (wes@softweyr.com) wrote:
> Justin Stanford wrote:
> >
> > Exim and Qpop can also be made to use MySQL for virtual user tables and
> > the like - a very effective system.
>
> Is MySQL hard-coded, or can you use another dbms like PostgreSQL?

Exim has a general config syntax that supports a variety of lookup
schemes from simple linear file to LDAP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, et. al.
The choice of which ones are available is made at compile time.  It
also looks like adding a new one probably isn't very difficult.

-Pat