Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:08:39 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Subject:   Re: kernel core

In message <XFMail.010423150241.jhb@FreeBSD.org> John Baldwin writes:
:
: On 23-Apr-01 Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message <XFMail.010421102645.jhb@FreeBSD.org> John Baldwin writes:
: >: You need to rebuild fsck and install it and fsck your filesystems.  This is
: >: the
: >: dirpref changes biting you.  Warner, we probably need an entry in UPDATING
: >: for
: >: the dirpref changes that warn people to build and install a new fsck before
: >: booting a dirpref kernel.
: >
: > We problably need to fix fsck/kernel to not lose.
:
: Yes, but until such time as we do that we should warn people in UPDATING at
: least.
:

OK, but you won't like the UPDATING entry.

Warner