Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:29:43 +0900
From:      Taguchi Takeshi <taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/8390: [Update] x11/XttXF86srv-common

Thanks for comminting, Steve.

> >  # (3) Dynamic loading for code conversion modules does NOT work under ELF world.
> >  #
> >  # I think x11/XFree86 has same dynamic loading probrem.
> >  # a patch for patches/patch-ba should be applied to x11/XFree86/patches/patch-ba.
> >  # (offcause, this modification is NOT cool. but it will work.
> >  #  Does anyone have more cool idea?)
> >
> >  Actually I believe this has already been fixed.  What you
> >  need to do is #define BuildDynamicLoading in your Imakefile.
>
> Yes, Needed one was BuildDynamicLoading.
> Following patch for x11/XttXF86srv-common uses this macro.

Acctually, I think 'No'.
Because, BuildDynamicLoading is defined defaultly.

I think this problem was same as apache13 'LoadModule' problem.
My FreeBSD box which I found the problem was 981001 - 981010.
In such version, the problem was occur.

But Now, I'm using 3.0-RELEASE or -current at 981020.
In these version, the problem never occur.

So I think this problem has been resolved by src/libexec/rtld-elf/
rtld.c ver.1.12.

PS: I believe latest patch has NOT any problem ;-)

PS2: I should search CVSlog more carefully ....;-(