Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 20:14:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      Val <val@hcol.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   partition spanning multiple drives

I am having pretty good luck installing freebsd over the net through the
ftp process, but there is one question thoug that I hope someone will be
able to answer.
I had my mail partition overfill (well, almost -- 99%) and I am thinking
about adding another drive (or drives) in to put in the same partition.
(/mail).
So the question is:
do I have to enter the /sys/standinstall to do this or do I have to use
the commands of the  freebsd manually.  If I do it, will the current
information on the /mail partition be retained or do I need to back it up?
I guess it's not really a partition, but a volume that I am talking about
(at least novell would call it a volume) but this is my first unix box so
far.
TIA
Val