Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2003 00:04:21 +0200
From:      "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch@Vitsch.net>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: differences in USB support between FreeBSD 4.x and 5.x ?

On Monday 21 July 2003 15:00, Bernd Walter wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 09:18:42AM +0200, Marco Molteni wrote:
> > [I sent the same message to usb-bsd@eleetbsd.org, but since that list
> > seems not very active, I am asking here too]
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the subject says it all.
> >
> > I am considering using FreeBSD for a robotics project, and I am
> > thinking of using 4.x for stability. But, since we will probably use
> > USB a lot, I am wondering if maybe 5.x is a better choice.
>
> I believe 4.x has all you need for your project.
> If you really find a problem then the missing part can be MFC'ed.
Both 4.x and 5.x have a pointer-bug in the ugen-driver causing memory to =
be=20
overwritten outside a buffer when using isochronous transfers. I have sen=
t a=20
PR about this (with patch) back in April.
**(: HINT HINT :) **
( pr kern/51186 : http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dkern%2F511=
86 )

thanks,