Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:11:46 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@ns1.via-net-works.net.ar>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        "David J. MacKenzie" <djm@web.us.uu.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: full PAM support for login, rshd, and su

En un mensaje anterior, Mark Murray escribió:
> > Below are patches to add full PAM support to those programs.  I
> > haven't tackled adding PAM to the FreeBSD ftpd so far, because I use
> > proftpd which already has it.
>
> I'd be most grateful if you could add this to our ftpd, if you have the time.

From what I saw in some recent hacking of ftpd in already has some
kind of PAM support, although I can't tell you how much. For instance
it supports "template" users, which is very good.

Anyway, it appears that the current ftpd is going to be replaced by
the NetBSD ftpd in a few days.

Regards.

Fernando P. Schapachnik
Administración de la red
VIA NET.WORKS ARGENTINA S.A.
fschapachnik@vianetworks.com.ar
Conmutador: (54-11) 4323-3333 - Soporte: 0810-333-AYUDA