Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 13:31:11 -0800
From:      Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Satan Considered Harmful (Re: Anyone got Satan to run?)

I personally don't put too much stock in scanner packages, of course I'm
also massivly paranoid :)

Dan, if you haven't read it yet, jkb's page on FreeBSD security basic's
is a good place to start.

http://www.freebsd.org/~jkb/howto.html

-Bill

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 09:43:42PM +0100, Jonas Eriksson wrote:

> > > I can't get SAINT to run either.  At least not from the http interface.  It
> > > appears to work from the command line.
> >
> > Look at nessus in ports - this seems to be an actively developed and
> > updated scanner. Sorry, I should have mentioned this originally.
> >

> Or http://www.nessus.org
>

> -- Jonas Eriksson

-=| --- B i l l   S w i n g l e --- http://www.dub.net/
-=| unfurl@dub.net  - unfurl@freebsd.org - bill@cdrom.com
-=| Different all twisty a of in maze are you, passages little