Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:32:46 GMT
From:      Eric Kingston <ericnk@esreco.net>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/120953: FreeBSD 6.3 Release:  acpi_tz0: _TMP value is absurd, ignored (-73.0C)

>Number:         120953
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       FreeBSD 6.3 Release:  acpi_tz0: _TMP value is absurd, ignored (-73.0C)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
After installing FreeBSD 6.3 on a Shuttle XPC SD30G2B, Intel 945GC + ICH7 chipset, I get the following error every five seconds....

acpi_tz0: _TMP value is absurd, ignored (-73.0C)

I'm assuming this has something to do with the core temperature sensor driver mentioned in the FreeBSD 6.3 release notes.  Something is not functioning correctly on it.  The system has an Intel E6400 core 2 duo 2.13 Ghz, 1066 Mhz FSB processor, Kingston 512MB, DDR2 667Mhz RAM.
>How-To-Repeat:
Install FreeBSD 6.3 on a Shuttle XPC SD30G2B system with a core 2 duo processor, possibly even any system with an Intel 945GC + ICH7 chipset and a core 2 duo processor and the error message will start up right away upon reboot after the install.