Date:      Sat, 7 Aug 1999 08:28:10 -0400
From:      tcobb@staff.circle.net
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        lightningweb@hotmail.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: continued crashes with 3.1-Stable

I wonder why this is the case, too.  However, there have
been a series of reports of crashes and freezes in the 3.2 and 4.0
series that have gone unresolved and, in fact, unresponded.

I'd like to be able to use FreeBSD in an SMP environment,
but it just isn't stable on the box we've built
(Supermicro P6DBU, 1GB ECC RAM, dual PIII 550, DPT RAID).

Unfortunately, our hosting customer who is running a high-end
e-commerce site on this machine isn't excited about being
a testbed, they want a solution that works and stays working.

---

Our issue may be related to the large memory config, but I'm
not getting panics, just freezes, so it is tough to tell.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them was I
have to get them a working solution in place before next week
or I lose this business.

-Troy Cobb
 Circle Net, Inc.
 http://www.circle.net