Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:27:45 -0500
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        Gabriel =?iso-8859-1?Q?Le=F2n?= Leyva <gleon@socoada.com.mx>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: block certain ips

At 06:10 PM 3/26/02 -0700, Gabriel Le=F2n Leyva wrote:
>         Is there a way to block certain on bsd, I have several pcs with=20
> 10.10.10.? ips
>I want them to be able to user microsoft messenger but for some of these=20
>ips I dont want
>them to access internet... Could this be posible.. Thanks in advance..

         Yes, this is easy.  But it depends.  Are you referring to doing=20
this on each machine or via a firewall?  I'd say it would be easier if it's=
=20
going through a firewall or a proxy because then you have less work and it=
=20
will be easier to actually block this and keep track of it at the same=20
time.  IF your internet access is routed through a firewall, just setup=20
either a proxy so that only aproved IP's have net access, or in IPFW just=20
setup some rules that says something to the respect of "allow out for this=
=20
and this, but not for these if this and this are true, and block the rest=20
and only apply to these IP's."  Also, don't forget to log this so you can=20
see who's still trying to break the rules.  :)

         As far as how to setup these rules, I'm probubly the last to ask=20
on that because I'm definately no expert on IPFW, but I know it can be done=
=20
cause I've done it.  :)