Date:      Thu, 6 May 2004 14:53:21 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        pf4freebsd@freelists.org
Subject:   Re: ALTQ + PF

--Boundary-02=_IVjmAh/3VvPUKjZ

On Thursday 06 May 2004 04:15, Marcos Biscaysaqu - Thepacific.net wrote:
> Hi there.
> I been used pf and altq long time on 5.1 and 5.2 release, but now I need
> run a current 5.2V and I can't make altq work,
> someones know how make it work?

Currently it is not possible as the ALTQ patchset from rofug.ro is availabl=
e=20
for 5.2R only and comes without support for pf classification.

BUT ... I have a WIP which brings latest KAME altq sources + an Update for =
pf=20
as of OpenBSD 3.5 ... there is some work left before I can/want to reveal t=
he=20
patches to public, but you will see them on the lists over the next couple =
of=20
days.

I have decided to bring only disciplines which have pf support for a start,=
 as=20
the standalone classifier and the altq interfaces are quite hard to do in=20
terms of locking. This will bring the support in line with OpenBSD.

Also note, that I will provide only drivers which I can test myself (xl, fx=
p,=20
sis, rl, ?ed?, ??sk?? and the pseudo drivers: tun, ppp, lo, ...), but will=
=20
happily sync in user-submitted drivers. The aim is to get ALTQ into the tre=
e=20
finally, so all driver modification (as minimal as they might seem) have to=
=20
be well-tested!

More on that when I post the patches.

=2D-=20