Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:44:18 -0700
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        Chris <chrcoluk@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: portsnap mirror servers

Chris wrote:
> How many mirrors does portsnap have, it seems to only have around 3 or
> 4 and they all located in the .us whilst cvs has dozens around the
> world.

Two mirrors, actually: portsnap1.freebsd.org, and portsnap2.freebsd.org.

> Is there a eu pool of mirrors available to use or if not is their a
> way I can apply to host an eu mirror or even 2 eu mirrors.

I have a list of people who have offered mirrors, but so far I haven't
seen any need for additional mirrors -- the two which already exist are
showing no signs of slowing down.

Why do you think there should be an .eu mirror?

Colin Percival