Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 18:59:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        yurtesen@ispro.net.tr (Evren Yurtesen)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: local mailer

> hello
> where is the local mailer at freebsd?

FreeBSD has nothing to do with mail.  Sendmail proccesses its mail, and
the default local mailer is mail.local.  You can change it.

> and where may I find its sources?

If you installed system sources, it should be in
/usr/src/libexec/mail.local

> from www.sendmai.org
> Subject: Q4.3 -- How can I get sendmail to deliver local mail to
> $HOME/.mail instead of into /usr/spool/mail (or /usr/mail)?
>
> Date: July 9, 1996
>
> Again, this is a local mailer issue, not a sendmail issue. Either modify
> your local mailer (source code will be required) or change
> the program called in the "local" mailer configuration description to be a
> new program that does this local delivery. One
> program that is capable of doing this is procmail (see Q4.9), although
> there are probably many others as well.

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net)

Love your enemies: they'll go crazy trying to figure out what you're up to
FreeBSD Rules!  Micro$oft Sucks!  http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/