Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:12:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Barrett G. Lyon" <blyon@theshell.com>
To:        Paul Saab <paul@mu.org>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.chuckr.org>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, George Morgan <gemorga2@vt.edu>
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 3960D Ultra160 issues

 Chuck Robey (chuckr@picnic.chuckr.org) wrote:
 > Paul, George Morgan and I (see I added him to the CC:, he's not
 > subscribed) are both seeing problems with inability to boot IBM Ultra 160
 > drives (he on a Adaptec 39160, me on a 29160).  Can you tell me where you
 > saw the stuff on this problem, so I can read up on it and see if there's
 > some sort of fix for us?

As an added note, I can boot just fine with IBM U160 disks on the Adaptec
39160.  I just had crashing problems and it only runs at 40 MHz.

-Barrett

Barrett G. Lyon
http://www.theshell.com
http://www.alphalinux.org

A corporation is like a tree of monkeys, all the monkeys on top looking
down see smiling faces, while all the monkeys looking up see assholes.