Date:      25 Jun 2002 10:53:51 -0700
From:      Scott Reese <sreese@codysbooks.com>
To:        Steven Goodwin <steve@cit.gu.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SWAT/SAMBA problems

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 19:24, Steven Goodwin wrote:

> On 24 Jun 2002, Scott Reese wrote:
>
> > After successfully building and installing Samba 3.0 alpha-17 on my
> > 4.6-RELEASE box, I have found that Swat does not work for some strange
> > reason.  I uncommented the swat line in /etc/inetd.conf, checked to make
> > sure the service was listed in /etc/services (which it was) and then I
> > HUP'd inetd and I still cannot connect to Swat.  I've tried using
> > 'http://localhost:901' as well as 'http://my.ip.address:901' and neither
> > worked.  This condition persisted after a reboot as well.
>
> It shouldn't require any rebooting on FreeBSD's side of things although
> rebooting windows often works ;-)  If your browser is using a http proxy,
> disable it (on your browser) and try again.

I only mentioned the rebooting as an additional data-point in case
anyone was interested.  I am aware that rebooting is not necessary, I
just happened to need to in order to use the other OS on my machine for
a bit.  I am not using an http proxy of any sort.  I checked the
preferences in Mozilla and it's set to "direct connection to the
internet."  Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Any other ideas?  I have this same setup on another 4.6-RELEASE box at
home and it works flawlessly...I'm not sure what's different here...

-Scott