Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:53:58 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>
To:        Rob <rob@robhulme.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Page faults, Signal 11s

Rob wrote:

> a) What might be causing the problems
> b) What I can do to fix it  /  diagnose it

If it ran fine for 80 days, what happend between the time it ran fine
and when it started crashing? The panics you are getting below aren't a
lot of info. You'll probably need to build a debug kernel to get crash
dump data and examine it further.
However, from the fact that it was unable to write buffers back to disk
in both cases, I would suggest a HDD problem (I'm going out on a limb
here ... but) Also since it's different processes (and the idle process
in one case) it seems to indicate flaky hardware. RAM could be the
problem as well, but in my experience, HDDs are (statistically) the most
likely problem.
That's the joy of co-locating. What guarantee do you have that the
operating environment is stable? Power fluctuation? A/C in the building
is flaky and the temperature get's hot? High humidity at times? Who
knows. If it's in your facility, at least you can research these things.

Have fun playing detective.

-Bill